- Every child currently registered as eligible for free school meals
- Children who have been looked after for 6 months or longer
- All children eligible for free school meals at any point in the past 6 years
Schools and local authorities receive the following pupil premium funding for each eligible child:
- £1,345 per pupil of primary-school age
- £955 per pupil of secondary-school age
- £2,345 per pupil for looked after children who have been looked after for 1 day or more, are adopted or leave care under a Special Guardianship Order or a Residence Order
Schools are free to spend the Pupil Premium Grant as they see fit. However, they are responsible for reporting how they use the additional funding to successfully support those eligible pupils and maximise their achievement in school.
To read our latest Pupil Premium Strategy Statement including expenditure of the new Recovery Premium, please click to download the report below.