Home School Link Worker
Vicky Noble is our Home School Link Worker (HSLW). Vicky works together with Shottermill to support the wellbeing of children and their families. She is in school every Tuesday and Thursday, and is available to provide support to both children and parents. She is available on these days and you are very welcome to catch her for an informal chat to find out more or if you have a quick query.
The role of the HSLW is:
- to offer support to pupils, parents and families on a wide variety of issues
- to help improve attendance and punctuality
- to promote positive behaviour
- help create links between home and school
- help support families through financial difficulties (food bank, charity referrals)
Vicky can provide one-to-one support and advice, therapeutic sessions for children and families, signposts to other agencies and also support groups for parents and carers.