Home School Link Worker
The Home School Link Worker works together with Shottermill to support the wellbeing of children and their families.
Vicky Noble is our Home School Link Worker (HSLW). She is in school every Tuesday and Thursday. She is available to provide support to both children and parents. She is in the office area at drop off on these days and you are very welcome to catch her for an informal chat to find out more or if you have a quick query.
The role of the HSLW is:
- to offer support to pupils, parents and families on a wide variety of issues
- to help improve attendance and punctuality
- to promote positive behaviour
- Help create links between home and school
- Help support families through financial difficulties (food bank, charity referrals)
Vicky can provide one-to-one support and advice, therapeutic sessions for children and families, signpost to other agencies and also support groups for parents and carers.